Board and Committees
Chair: Erik Shinkle
- To promote a clean, safe, functional environment by working with FirstService Residential to communicate about sports events and amenities in the community.
- Promote community involvement through sports.
Sports Committee meetings are TBD, at the on-site office. For more information about this committee or to join, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair: Lisa Watkins and Pam Downs
- To work towards increased property values in the community by educating and encouraging owners in the community to keep their properties well maintained, through articles in newsletters and yard-of-the-month programs.
- Be the eyes of the community for irrigation problems that require emergency attention.
For more information about this committee or to join, email email@example.com.
Chair: Erik Shinkle
- Keep residents informed of community news and events, as well as city, state, and county items of interest through a variety of media outlets including print, internet, e-mail and community meetings.
For more information about this committee or to join, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chair: Deirdre Garrett
- To create and organize fun, interesting events for the enjoyment of all community members
- Provide opportunities for residents to meet and socialize with each other.
For more information about this committee or to join, email email@example.com.
Chair: Susan Kennedy
- Initiate and organize welcome packets for the new homeowners in the community.
- Host Welcome Reception(s) for new residents to help them become familiar with their new neighborhood.
For more information about this committee or to join, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chair: Robert Mclain Co-Chair: Cheyenne Mclain
- Enhance safety awareness in the community.
- Take a leadership role in working with local law enforcement and organizing a crime-prevention network of block captains for every street in the neighborhood so that residents may watch out for one another.
- Investigate the latest ideas and trends in both property crimes and crimes against persons and how to prevent those types of crimes in the community, and communicating this information to the community.
For more information about this committee or to join, email email@example.com.
The following link is for the Grand Prairie Police Department Citizen Police Academy. It includes information, and a downloadable application.
Current Board Members
Joshua Spare- President
Eric Blackwell-Vice President
Robert McLain- Secretary
Deirdra Garrett- Treasurer
John Hughes- Director